HLD Program participants are expected to clear their schedules and attend every session. Full participation in the Outward Bound session is mandatory because of the focus on building the class learning community. Absences in any session affect the development of the group and diminish everyone’s learning. While HLD staff will work with all participants to accommodate challenging schedules, we reserve the right to make graduation decisions contingent upon attendance.
Each participant is also involved in a team practicum project, which will require some work outside of class time.
If selected, I pledge to participate fully in the leadership development experience and will honor the time commitments required.
I am willing to make the following commitments if accepted as a HLD participant. Further, I understand that if I do not fulfill these commitments, my continued participation in the HLD Program will be reviewed by the Hanley Center.
1. I have read the HLD Materials and am able to commit the time necessary to attend all HLD Program activities including all meetings and training sessions. (On average, 2 days per month.)
2. I will be an active contributor to the HLD Program and participate in a team-based learning community.
3. I will fulfill all learning projects required by the program.
4. I will participate in the evaluation of the HLD Program
5. I agree to allow my picture to be taken during the Program and alumni activities for Hanley Center publications or displays.
To be completed and signed by the applicant:
I have read the required conditions of the HLD Program and I agree to all of the requirements described above.